- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped (3/4 cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- Coarse salt
- 3/4 pound small red potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes (preferably zesty flavored), with juice
- 1/4 cup water
flour on a plate. Dredge chicken in flour, shaking off excess. In a
large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Add
chicken, and cook until golden brown, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer
chicken to a bowl; set aside.
- Step 2Heat
remaining 2 teaspoons oil in same skillet; cook onion and garlic,
stirring frequently, until onion is softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in
curry powder and 3/4 teaspoon salt; cook 1 minute more.
- Step 3Add
potatoes and 1 cup water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer;
cover, and cook until potatoes are just tender but still offer slight
resistance when pierced with the tip of a paring knife, about 7 minutes.
Stir in tomatoes and 1/4 cup water.
- Step 4Return
chicken to skillet along with any accumulated juices in bowl; simmer,
covered, until chicken is cooked through, 12 to 15 minutes.